Hiroshi Yabu Junior Principal Investigator Ph.D.
|Laboratory||H. Yabu Laboratory|
|Address||Office 307, AIMR Laboratory Building,Katahira Campus
- Preparation of nanostructured polymer particles by self-organization process (2005-)
- Fabrication and application of honeycomb films by using condensed water droplets (2003-)
- Preparation of organic-inorganic composites (2009-)
- Synthesis and application of biomimetic polymer materials (2012-)
- Synthesis of metal-complex catalysts for energy and chemical conversion systems (2017-)
Main Publication List
- Fe Azaphthalocyanine Unimolecular Layers (AzUL) on Carbon Nanotubes for Realizing Highly Active Oxygen Reduction Reaction (ORR) Catalytic Electrodes, H. Abe, Y. Hirai, S. Ikeda, Y. Matsuo, T. Matsue, H. Matsuyama, J. Nakamura, H. Yabu, NPG Asia Materials, 11, Article number:57 (2019).
- Ashura Particles: Experimental and Theoretical Approaches for Creating Phase Separated Structures of Ternary Blended Polymers in Three-Dimensionally Confined Spaces, Y. Hirai, E. Avalos, T. Teramoto, Y. Nishiura, H. Yabu, ACS Omega, 4(8), 13106-13113 (2019).
- Near Infrared Excitable-SERS Measurement Using Magneto-Responsive Metafluids for In Situ Molecular Analysis, Y. Hirai, Y. Matsuo, H. Yabu, ACS Applied Nano Materials, 1(9), 4980-4987 (2018).
- Surface-Reactive Patchy Nanoparticles and Nanodiscs Prepared by Tandem Nanopricipitation and Phase Separation, D. Varadharajan, H. Turgut, J. Lahann, H. Yabu, G. Delaittre, Advanced Functional Materials, 28(39), 1800846 (2018)
- One Step Fabrication of Mesh-Reinforced Hierarchic Perforated Microporous Honeycomb Films With Tunable Filtering Property, J. kamei and H. Yabu, Soft Matter, 13(43), 7834-7839 (2017)
- The Ichimura Prize in Science for Distinguished Achievement, The New Technology Development Foundation, Japan (2016)
- Konica Minolta Science and Technology Foundation Award, The Imaging Society Japan, Japan (2014)
- The Young Scientists’ Prize, The Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), Japan (2014)
- Award for Encouragement of Research in Polymer Science, The Society of Polymer Science, Japan (2011)
- CSJ Award for Young Investigators, The Chemical Society of Japan (2011)
- 05/20/2021 Media & Award Dr. Yabu won the 12th Bridgestone Soft Materials Frontier Award: Encouragement Award
- 12/21/2020 Research Highlights Thermoelectric materials: Porous structure captures heat more efficiently
- 07/22/2020 Media & Award Prof. Fukami, Dr. Yabu, Dr. Kumatani and Dr. Sugawara bestowed the title of Tohoku University Distinguished Researcher
- 11/25/2019 Research Highlights Fuel-cell catalysts: Surpassing platinum
- 07/29/2019 In the Spotlight Promoting interaction between material scientists in Europe and Japan
- 12/25/2018 In the Spotlight Transcending research boundaries
- 09/25/2018 Research Highlights Block copolymers: How to make virus-like nanoparticles
- 09/25/2018 In the Spotlight Deepening existing connections with Europe and Asia
- 08/10/2018 Press Releases Creation and Selective Functionalization of Virus-Like Polymer Particles
- 07/30/2018 Research Highlights Block copolymers: Mussels inspire magneto-optical film
- 08/29/2017 Research Highlights Block copolymers: Mimicking viruses
- 04/25/2016 Media & Award Dr. Yabu won the Ichimura Prize in Science for Distinguished Achievement