In promoting industry-academia collaboration, AIMR actively carries out joint research and commissioned research with research institutions and corporations at home and abroad. Below are sampling of projects have been conducted.
- Cathode material for lithium-air batteries
- Synthetic processing of multicomponent substances for all-solid-state batteries
- Metal-based high-density hydrogen storage materials
- CO2 emissions reduction: Novel chemical processes for hydrogen co-production
Semiconductor and Information Communication Industries
- New materials and measurement technologies for magnetoresistive non-volatile memory
- Photonic integrated circuits using synthetic dimensions and topological edge states
Resource Recycling Industry
- Highly efficient heat pump with natural refrigerants using nanoporous materials
- Chemical looping processes by low-temperature hydrocarbon reforming
Co-creation Research Center
The Co-creation Research Center is a liaison point between the university and companies that was established in the university and provides cross-departmental access to university researchers, knowledge, and facilities. This enables the planning and promotion of joint research, human resource development, and the promotion of a variety of collaborative activities, including partnerships with university-launched ventures.
SMM × Tohoku University GX
Materials Science Co-Creation Research Center
3DC–Tohoku U Joint Research Laboratory: Transforming the World with GMS, a New Carbon Material
Open Innovation Center
AIMR has an Open Innovation Center with the aim of applying and expanding AIMR’s research achievements in industrial fields.
Applications of leading-edge mathematical science
Applications of hydrogen science and related GX research
One-Stop Service Desk
AIMR conduct various collaborative research with institutes and companies.
Please see the site of "Tohoku University Research Profiles " for more details. If you are considering a collaborative project with AIMR researchers, please contact with One-Stop Service Desk of Industrial Liaison Division, Head Office of Enterprise Partnerships, Tohoku University.