Eiji Saitoh Principal Investigator, Ph.D.
Professor of Institute for Materials Research
|Group||Materials Physics Group|
|Address||Room 402, 1st building, Institute for Materials Research, Katahira Campus
（2-1-1, Katahira, Aoba-ku ,Sendai 980-8577）
- condensed matter physics in particular spintronics and correlated electron systems
Main Publication List
- “Observation of orbital waves as elementary excitations in a solid” E. Saitoh, S. Okamoto, K.T. Takahashi, K. Tobe, K. Yamamoto, T. Kimura, S. Ishihara, S. Maekawa, and Y. Tokura, Nature 410 (2001) 180-183.
- “Current-induced resonance and mass determination of a single magnetic domain wall” E. Saitoh, H. Miyajima, T. Yamaoka, and G. Tatara, Nature 432 (2004) 203-206.
- “Observation of the spin-Seebeck effect” K. Uchida, S. Takahashi, K. Harii, J. Ieda, W. Koshibae, K. Ando, S. Maekawa, and E. Saitoh, Nature 455 (2008) 778-781.
- “Transmission of electrical signals by spin-wave interconversion in a magnetic insulator” Y. Kajiwara, K. Harii, S. Takahashi, J. Ohe, K. Uchida, M. Mizuguchi, H. Umezawa, H. Kawai, K. Ando, K. Takanashi, S. Maekawa, and E. Saitoh, Nature 464 (2010) 262-266.
- Sir Martin Wood Prize (2008)
- IUPAP Young Scientist Award (2009)
- Young Scientist Award of the Physical Society of Japan (2011)
- JSPS Prize, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (2011)
- Japan Academy Medal (2011)
- 25th IBM Japan Science Awards (2011)