Eiji SaitohPrincipal Investigator, Ph.D.
Professor, The University of Tokyo
|Group||Materials Physics Group|
|Address||Office 301, AIMR Laboratory Building, Katahira Campus
(2-1-1, Katahira, Aoba-ku, Sendai, 980-8577)
- condensed matter physics in particular spintronics and correlated electron systems
Main Publication List
- "Observation of orbital waves as elementary excitations in a solid”
E. Saitoh, S. Okamoto, K.T. Takahashi, K. Tobe, K. Yamamoto, T. Kimura, S. Ishihara, S. Maekawa, and Y. Tokura, Nature 410 (2001) 180-183.
- "Current-induced resonance and mass determination of a single magnetic domain wall”
E. Saitoh, H. Miyajima, T. Yamaoka, and G. Tatara, Nature 432 (2004) 203-206.
- "Observation of the spin-Seebeck effect”
K. Uchida, S. Takahashi, K. Harii, J. Ieda, W. Koshibae, K. Ando, S. Maekawa, and E. Saitoh, Nature 455 (2008) 778-781.
- "Transmission of electrical signals by spin-wave interconversion in a magnetic insulator”
Y. Kajiwara, K. Harii, S. Takahashi, J. Ohe, K. Uchida, M. Mizuguchi, H. Umezawa, H. Kawai, K. Ando, K. Takanashi, S. Maekawa, and E. Saitoh, Nature 464 (2010) 262-266.
- Sir Martin Wood Prize (2008)
- IUPAP Young Scientist Award (2009)
- Young Scientist Award of the Physical Society of Japan (2011)
- JSPS Prize, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (2011)
- Japan Academy Medal (2011)
- 25th IBM Japan Science Awards (2011)
- 07/10/2023 Research Highlights Magnetic insulators: Investigating the stochasticity of the magnon parametron
- 11/14/2022 Media & Award Prof. Eiji Saitoh won the Nishina Memorial Prize
- 03/15/2022 Media & Award Prof. Eiji Saitoh elected recipient of Japan Academy Prize
- 11/17/2021 Media & Award Prof. Eiji Saitoh, Prof. Mingwei Chen, Prof. Thomas P. Russell, Prof. Qikun Xue, Prof. Magda Titirici and Prof. Takeshi Fujita selected as Highly Cited Researchers
- 11/30/2020 Research Highlights Topological insulators: Filling in the knowledge gaps
- 11/19/2020 Media & Award Prof. Eiji Saitoh, Prof. Mingwei Chen, Prof. Thomas P. Russell, Prof. Qikun Xue and Prof. Takeshi Fujita selected as Highly Cited Researchers
- 11/20/2019 Media & Award Prof. Eiji Saitoh, Prof. Mingwei Chen, Prof. Thomas P. Russell and Prof. Qikun Xue selected as Highly Cited Researchers
- 06/14/2019 Press Releases Mechanical Vibration Generated by Electron Spins
- 11/29/2018 Media & Award Prof. Saitoh, Prof. Chen, Prof. Russell, Prof. Xue and Dr. Takahashi selected as Highly Cited Researchers
- 08/24/2018 Seminars & Symposium 【8/27】Xiaofeng Jin Special Lecture
- 05/29/2018 Press Releases Observation of Anisotropic Magneto-Peltier Effect: Temperature of Magnetic Materials Can be Manipulated through Simple Redirection of Charge Current
- 05/29/2018 Press Releases Switched on: a breakthrough for spintronics
- 02/09/2018 Press Releases NEC and Tohoku University Succeed in AI-Based New Material Development
- 02/05/2018 Media & Award Prof. Saitoh received the Inoue Prize for Science
- 11/20/2017 Media & Award Prof. Saitoh, Prof. Russell and Prof. Khademhosseini selected as Highly Cited Researchers
- 04/11/2017 Media & Award Prof. Saitoh received Commendation for Science and Technology by MEXT
- 07/26/2016 Press Releases The Hot Attraction of Gold
- 04/25/2016 Press Releases New spin Seebeck thermoelectric device with higher conversion efficiency created
- 03/18/2014 Media & Award Prof.Saitoh Awarded Yomiuri Techno Gold Medal Prize
- 05/13/2013 Press Releases Novel magnetoresistance effect through spin currents discovered
- 05/07/2013 Press Releases Spin-charge conversion device through coating
- 04/22/2013 Press Releases Successful heat energy conveyance using the magnetic waves
- 06/19/2012 Press Releases NEC and Tohoku University develop a new device for generating electricity from easily accessible heat sources.