Thomas P. Russell Principal Investigator, Ph.D.
|Job||Principal Investigator, AIMR
Silvio O. Conte Distinguished Professor, Polymer Science and Engineering Department,
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Visiting Professor, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
|Group||Soft Materials Group|
|Address||Polymer Science and Engineering Department, University of Massachusetts
(120 Governors Drive, Amherst, MA 01003)
Materials Science Division, Rm.: 62-207, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
(One Cylclotron Road, Berkeley, CA 94703)
- surface and interfacial properties of polymers
- phase transitions in polymers
- directed self-assembly processes
- interfacial assembly of nanoparticles
- wrinkling and crumpling behavior of thin polymer films
Main Publication List
- M. Cui, T. Emrick and T.P. Russell, “Stabilizing Liquid Drops in Nonequilibrium Shapes by the Interfacial Jamming of Nanoparticles,” Science 342(6157), 460-463 (2013).
- X. Gu, I. Gunkel and T.P. Russell, “Block Copolymer Lithography: A “Bottom-Up” Approach to High-Density Pattern Transfer,” Philosophical Transactions A, 37 (2013).
- D. Wang, T.P. Russell, T. Nishi, K. Nakajima, “AFM Nanomechanics Visualizes Molecular Diffusion and Microstructure at an Interface,” ACS Macro Letters 2(8), 757-760 (2013).
- K. Toga, J. Huang, K. Cunningham, T.P. Russell and N. Menon, “A Drop on a Floating Sheet: Boundary Conditions, Topography and Formation of Wrinkles,” Soft Matter 9(34) 8289-8296 (2013).
- J.C. Brendel, F. Liu, A. Lang, T.P. Russell and M. Thelakkat, “Macroscopic Vertical Alignment of Microdomains in Thin Films of Semiconductor Amphiphilic Block Copolymers,” ACS Nano 7(7), 6069-6078 (2013).
- American Chemical Society Cooperative Research Award in Polymer Science and Engineering, 2003
- Dutch Polymer Award, 2004
- Polymer Physics Prize, Division of Polymer Physics, American Physical Society, 2004
- Fred Kavli Distinguished Lecturer, Materials Research Society, 2012
- Otto Warburg Prize, University of Bayreuth, October, 2012