Seigo Souma Ph.D.
|Group||Materials Physics Group|
|Laboratory||T. Sato Laboratory|
|Address||room 1A, AIMR Main Building, Katahira Campus
(2-1-1, Katahira, Aoba-ku ,Sendai 980-8577)
- Electronic structure of novel superconductors (2001-)
- Development of high-resolution photoemission spectrometer (2001-)
- Development of spin-resolved photoemission spectrometer (2004-)
- Spin-dependent electronic structure of topological insulators and surface Rashba effect (2004-)
Main Publication List
- The origin of multiple superconducting gaps in MgB2, Nature,423,（2003）,65-67, S. Souma, Y. Machida, T. Sato, T. Takahashi, H. Matsui, S.-C. Wang, H. Ding, A. Kaminski, J. C. Campuzano, S. Sasaki, and K. Kadowaki.
- High-intensity xenon plasma discharge lamp for bulk-sensitive high-resolution photoemission spectroscopy, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 78 (2007) 123104S. Souma, T. Sato, T. Takahashia, and P. Baltzer.
- Ultrahigh-resolution spin-resolved photoemission spectrometer with a mini Mott detector, Rev. Sci. Instrum., 81 (2010) 095101, S. Souma, A. Takayama, K. Sugawara, T. Sato, T. Takahashi.
- Direct Measurement of the Out-of-Plane Spin Texture in the Dirac Cone Surface State of a Topological Insulator, Phys. Rev. Lett. 106 (2011) 216803, S. Souma, K. Kosaka, T. Sato, M. Komatsu, A. Takayama, T. Takahashi, M. Kriener, K. Segawa, and Y. Ando.
- Spin Polarization of Gapped Dirac Surface States Near the Topological Phase Transition in TlBi(S1-xSex)2, Phys. Rev. Lett., 109 (2012) 186804, S. Souma, M. Komatsu, M. Nomura, T. Sato, A. Takayama, T. Takahashi, K. Eto, K. Segawa, and Y. Ando.
- Inoue Research Award for Young Scientists (2006)
- Harada Young Research Award (2007)
- Young Scientist Award of the Physical Society of Japan (2012)
- The Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, the Young Scientists’ Prize (2013)
- 07/29/2019 Research Highlights Topological insulators: Imaging nanoscale domains on a multilayer structure
- 05/27/2019 Research Highlights Topological phases: Two new fermions discovered
- 12/25/2018 Research Highlights Superconductivity: A potential hide-out for Majorana fermions
- 10/09/2018 Event Reports Toward the future utilization of next-generation synchrotron facility
- 07/30/2018 Research Highlights Charge density waves: Metal films mimic substrate’s waves
- 06/07/2016 Press Releases Spintronics development gets boost with new findings into ferromagnetism in Mn-doped GaAs
- 04/08/2013 Media & Award Dr. Souma won the Young Scientists’ Prize by MEXT
- 04/13/2012 Media & Award Assistant Prof. Souma was awarded “Award for the Encouragement of Young Physicists” by the Physical Society of Japan (JPS).