Shin-ichi Orimo Principal Investigator, Ph.D.
(Concurrent Posts: Professor and Head of Section, Institute for Materials Research, and Member of the Provost Office, Tohoku University)
|Address||Room 411, Integration Laboratory, Katahira Campus
（2-1-1, Katahira, Aoba-ku ,Sendai 980-8577）
Fundamental Study and Energy-Related Application of Hydrides
- Development of High-Density Hydrogen Storage Materials
- Development of Superionic Complex Hydrides
- Fundamental Study on Hydride Superconductors
- Design of Next-Generation Energy Devices
Main Publication List
- Complex hydrides for hydrogen storage; Chemical Reviews, 107 (2007) 4111-4132; S. Orimo, Y. Nakamori, J.R. Eliseo, A. Züttel, C.M. Jensen.
- Lithium fast-ionic conduction in complex hydrides: Review and prospects; Advanced Energy Materials, 1 (2011) 161-172; M. Matsuo, S. Orimo.
- Complex hydrides for electrochemical energy storage; Advanced Functional Materials, 24 (2014) 2267-2279; A. Unemoto, M. Matsuo, S. Orimo.
- Exceptional superionic conductivity in disordered sodium decahydro-closo-decaborate; Advanced Materials, 26 (2014) 7622-7626; T.J. Udovici, M. Matsuo, W.S. Tang, H. Wui, V. Stavila, A.V. Soloninin, R.V. Skoryunov, O.A. Babanova, A.V. Skripov, J.J. Rush, A. Unemoto, H. Takamura, S. Orimo.
- The renaissance of hydrides as energy materials; Nature Reviews Materials, 2 (2017) 16091; R. Mohtadi, S. Orimo.
- Intelligent Cosmos Prize (2004)
- Murakami Memorial Encouraged Research Award (2004)
- Metals Meritorious Award, The Japanese Institute of Metals (2011)
- Prize for Science and Technology (Research Category), The Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister, MEXT (2012)
- Science of Hydrogen & Energy Award (2015)
- 04/07/2021 Press Releases A new material enables the usage of “calcium” for batteries
- 02/24/2021 Media & Award Director Orimo won the Honda Frontier Award
- 08/31/2020 Research Highlights Solid-state batteries: Record-high lithium-ion conductivity at room temperature
- 12/23/2019 In the Spotlight Building on an impressive legacy
- 10/01/2019 Latest News Prof. Shin-ichi ORIMO took up post as AIMR’s Director
- 09/13/2019 Press Releases Prof. Shin-ichi ORIMO appointed as AIMR’s next Director
- 04/26/2019 Research Highlights Lithium batteries: Complex hydride promising as solid electrolyte
- 03/07/2019 Press Releases New research shows highest energy density all-solid-state batteries now possible
- 09/25/2018 In the Spotlight Deepening existing connections with Europe and Asia
- 03/26/2018 Research Highlights Lithium-ion batteries: Grinding out a better battery
- 07/31/2017 Research Highlights Chemistry: Metals on cloud nine
- 01/20/2016 Press Releases Development of mass production technology for LiBH4
- 11/12/2015 Press Releases High Thermally Durable All-Solid-State Li Ion Battery
- 02/18/2015 Media & Award Prof. Orimo won Science of Hydrogen & Energy Award 2015
- 09/19/2013 Press Releases Successful synthesis of new aluminum-based hydrogen storage alloy
- 03/13/2013 Press Releases A new guideline for the development of novel functional hydrides