IKUHARA Yuichi Principal Investigator, Ph.D.
|Job||Principal Investigator, AIMR
Professor, The University of Tokyo
|Group||Materials Physics Group|
|Address||Room 212, AIMR Annex Building, Katahira Campus
(2-1-1, Katahira, Aoba-ku ,Sendai 980-8577)
- Scanning Transmission Electron Microscopy (1988-)
- Crystal Interface and Grain Boundary (1988-)
- Dislocation Technology (1988-)
- Ceramics (1988-)
Main Publication List
- "Direct observation of individual dislocation interaction processes at grain boundaries”, S. Kondo, T. Mitsuma, N. Shibata, and Y. Ikuhara, Science Advances, Vol. 2, no. 11, (2016) e1501926.
- "Misfit accommodation mechanism at the heterointerface between diamond and cubic boron nitride,” C. Chen, Z. Wang, T. Kato, N. Shibata, T. Taniguchi, and Y. Ikuhara, Nat. Comm., 6 (2015) 6327.
- "Atomistic mechanisms of nonstoichiometry-induced twin boundary structural transformation in titanium dioxide,” R. Sun, Z. Wang, M. Saito, N. Shibata, and Y. Ikuhara, Nat. Comm., 6 (2015) 7120.
- "Ferromagnetic dislocations in antiferromagnetic NiO,” I. Sugiyama, N. Shibata, Z. Wang, S. Kobayashi, T. Yamamoto, and Y. Ikuhara, Nat. Nanotech., 8 (2013) 266-270.
- "Nanowire design by dislocation technology,” Y. Ikuhara, Prog. Mater. Sci., 54 (2009) 770-791 (Invited Review).
- Medal with Purple Ribbon (2016)
- Sosman Award, American Ceramics Society (2015)
- Academician, World Academy of Ceramics (2013)
- Fellow, The American Ceramics Society (2011)
- Humboldt Research Award , Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (2010)
- 04/08/2020 Media & Award Ikuhara and Adschiri labs won the Japan Institute of Metals and Materials Metallography Award
- 01/28/2019 Research Highlights Crystal structure: Fourth crystallographic phase uncovered
- 11/30/2018 Research Highlights Metal oxide nanoparticles: Scrutinizing cerium oxide from all angles
- 10/01/2018 Media & Award Dr. Ikuhara received "The Hatsujiro Hashimoto Medal"
- 05/28/2018 Research Highlights Magnetic materials: Atoms near boundary determine magnetism
- 02/26/2018 Research Highlights Oxide materials: Fabricating 2D conductors
- 10/18/2017 Media & Award Prof. Ikuhara recieved 2017 Hattori Hoko Award
- 11/16/2016 Media & Award Prof. Ikuhara awarded the Medal with Purple Ribbon
- 07/04/2016 Media & Award Prof. Ikuhara selected as the CerSJ Fellow
- 10/31/2015 Media & Award Prof. Ikuhara received Robert B. Sosman Award and Lecture
- 10/15/2015 Press Releases Patterning Oxide Nanopillars at the Atomic Scale
- 04/02/2015 Media & Award Prof. Ikuhara received The JIM Tanikawa-Harris Award
- 02/18/2015 Press Releases Atomic Structure Identified in Coherent Interfaces between Superhard Materials of Diamond and Boron Nitride
- 07/01/2014 Media & Award Prof. Ikuhara Elected World Academy of Ceramics Academician
- 01/30/2014 Press Releases Successful design and control of ceramics dislocation core atomic
- 01/29/2014 Press Releases Successful imaging of the atomic structure of shark teeth
- 04/09/2013 Media & Award Prof. Ikuhara won the Prize for Science and Technology from MEXT
- 04/03/2013 Press Releases Atomic scale one-dimensional magnet
- 01/08/2013 Press Releases Discovery of a periodic array of quasi-one-dimensional electron tunnel in an oxide
- 06/29/2009 Research Highlights Atomic structures: Titanium coming out on top