Tomoki Ozawa Junior Principal Investigator Ph.D.
|Job||Associate Professor (MEXT Excellent Young Researcher)|
|Group||Materials Physics Group|
|Laboratory||T. Ozawa Laboratory|
|Address||Room 4A, AIMR main building, Katahira Campus
- Theoretical condensed matter physics
- AMO physics (e.g. ultracold atoms, exciton-polaritons and photonics)
- Topological insulators
Main Publication List
- “Topological Photonics”, T. Ozawa, H. M. Price, A. Amo, N. Goldman, M. Hafezi, L. Lu, M. Rechtsman, D. Schuster, J. Simon, O. Zilberberg, I. Carusotto, Rev. Mod. Phys. 91, 015006 (2019)
- “Topological quantum matter in synthetic dimensions,” Tomoki Ozawa and Hannah M. Price, Nature Reviews Physics 1, 349–357 (2019).
- “Synthetic dimensions in integrated photonics: From optical isolation to 4D quantum Hall physics,” Tomoki Ozawa, Hannah M. Price, Nathan Goldman, Oded Zilberberg, and Iacopo Carusotto, Phys. Rev. A 93, 043827 (2016).
- “Discontinuities in the First and Second Sound Velocities at the Berezinskii-Kosterlitz-Thouless Transition,” Tomoki Ozawa and Sandro Stringari, Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 025302 (2014).
- “Stability of Ultracold Atomic Bose Condensates with Rashba Spin-Orbit Coupling against Quantum and Thermal Fluctuations,” Tomoki Ozawa and Gordon Baym, Phys. Rev. Lett. 109, 025301 (2012).
- Outstanding Referee, American Physical Society (2017)
- Vijay R. Pandharipande Prize in Nuclear Physics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2012)
- 05/19/2021 Media & Award Dr. Ozawa bestowed the title of Tohoku University Distinguished Researcher
- 04/07/2021 Media & Award Dr. Ozawa received the Commendation for Science and Technology by the MEXT
- 03/12/2021 Media & Award Dr. Ozawa received the 15th Young Scientist Award of the Physical Society of Japan
- 01/14/2021 Media & Award Dr. Ozawa’s interview published in Israeli magazine “Epoch”
- 09/24/2020 Seminars & Symposium [9/29-30] The Second Tohoku University - RIKEN Joint Workshop: "Math Meets Quantum Materials"