Ayumi Hirano-Iwata Principal Investigator, Ph.D.
|Job||Professor and Principal Investigator, WPI-AIMR
Professor, Research Institute of Electrical Communication
|Group||Soft Materials Group|
|Laboratory||A. Hirano Laboratory|
- Biodevices based on nano- and micro-structures
- Reconstruction of biological functions on solid substrates
- Electronic and ionic devices based on 2D biological materials
Main Publication List
- Free-Standing Lipid Bilayers in Silicon Chips－Membrane Stabilization Based on Microfabricated Apertures with a Nanometer-Scale Smoothness. Langmuir, 26, 1949–1952 (2010). Ayumi Hirano-Iwata, Kouji Aoto, Azusa Oshima, Tasuku Taira, Ryo-taro Yamaguchi, Yasuo Kimura, and Michio Niwano.
- Reconstitution of Human Ether-a-go-go-Related Gene Channels in Microfabricated Silicon Chips. Anal. Chem., 85, 4363-4369 (2013). Azusa Oshima, Ayumi Hirano-Iwata, Hideki Mozumi, Yutaka Ishinari, Yasuo Kimura, and Michio Niwano.
- Reconstitution of Human Ion Channels into Solvent-Free Lipid Bilayers Enhanced by Centrifugal Forces. Biophys. J. 110, 2207-2215 (2016). Ayumi Hirano-Iwata, Yutaka Ishinari, Miyu Yoshida, Shun Araki, Daisuke Tadaki, Ryusuke Miyata, Kenichi Ishibashi, Hideaki Yamamoto, Yasuo Kimura, and Michio Niwano.
- Mechanically stable solvent-free lipid bilayers in nano- and micro-tapered apertures for reconstitution of cell-free synthesized hERG channels. Sci. Rep., 7, 17736 (2017). Daisuke Tadaki, Daichi Yamaura, Shun Araki, Miyu Yoshida, Kohei Arata, Takeshi Ohori, Ken-ichi Ishibashi, Miki Kato, Teng Ma, Ryusuke Miyata, Yuzuru Tozawa, Hideaki Yamamoto, Michio Niwano, and Ayumi Hirano-Iwata.
- Impact of modular organization on dynamical richness in cortical networks. Sci. Adv., 4, eaau4914 (2018). Hideaki Yamamoto, Satoshi Moriya, Katsuya Ide, Takeshi Hayakawa, Hisanao Akima, Shigeo Sato, Shigeru Kubota, Takashi Tanii, Michio Niwano, Sara Teller, Jordi Soriano, Ayumi Hirano-Iwata.
- Award for young scientists in analytical chemistry (2005)
- Award for Tohoku Researchers in Analytical chemistry (2014)
- RIEC Award for Tohoku University Researchers (2015)
- Minoru Ishida Award (2015)
- 13th JSAP (The Japan Society of Applied Physics) Fellow Award (2019)
- 03/10/2021 Media & Award Prof. Hirano-Iwata featured in “Focus On: Women” at Asia Research News
- 07/25/2019 Media & Award Prof. Hirano-Iwata selected as Japan Society of Applied Physics (JSAP) Fellow
- 01/28/2019 Research Highlights Neuroscience: Neuronal networks in dishes
- 12/25/2018 In the Spotlight Transcending research boundaries
- 11/15/2018 Press Releases Neuroengineering to mimic complex brain functions in vitro
- 12/25/2017 Press Releases A tapering silicon hole could lead to better drug testing