Shigemi Mizukami Principal Investigator, Ph.D.
- Spin (wave) dynamics and devices (1997-)
- Spintronics materials (2005-)
- Tunnel magnetoresistive devices (2008-)
- Organic magnetoresistive devices (2010-)
- Magnetic sensors for medical application (2011-)
Main Publication List
- Composition dependence of magnetic properties in perpendicularly magnetized epitaxial thin films of Mn-Ga alloys, S. Mizukami et al. Phys. Rev. B 85, 014416 (2012).
- Long-lived ultrafast spin precession in manganese alloys films with large-perpendicular magnetic anisotropy, S. Mizukami et al. Phys. Rev. Lett. 106, 117201 (2011).
- Fast magnetization precession observed in L10-FePt epitaxial thin film, S. Mizukami et al. Appl. Phys. Lett. 98, 052501 (2011).
- Gilbert damping in perpendicularly magnetized Pt/Co/Pt films investigated by all-optical pump-probe technique, S. Mizukami et al., Appl. Phys. Lett. 96, 152502 (2010).
- Effect of spin diffusion on Gilbert damping for a very thin permalloy layer in Cu/permalloy/Cu/Pt films, S. Mizukami et al. Phys. Rev. B, 66, 104413.1-9 (2002).
- Outstanding Research Award; The Magnetics Society of Japan (2005)
- Award for Encouragement of Research of Applied physics; Department of Applied physics, Tohoku University (2001)
- 09/20/2023 Media & Award Prof. Shigemi Mizukami won the MSJ Achievement Award and selected as a Fellow of the Magnetics Society of Japan
- 06/07/2023 Press Releases Researchers Discover Materials Exhibiting Huge Magnetoresistance
- 02/20/2023 Seminars & Symposium [2/23-24] International Workshop of Spin/Quantum Materials and Devices (IWSQMD)
- 02/14/2023 Media & Award Prof. Shigemi Mizukami won the 44th JSAP Paper Award
- 03/29/2021 Research Highlights Magneto-optics: Helical light creates spin at interfaces
- 06/29/2020 Research Highlights Magnons: Sophisticated amplification process underpinned by simple math
- 02/25/2019 Research Highlights Spintronics: Magnetic tunnel junctions go ferrimagnetic
- 07/30/2018 Research Highlights Block copolymers: Mussels inspire magneto-optical film
- 02/08/2014 Press Releases First observation of the confinement effect upon electric field orientation of liquid crystals