IAC organizes a local shopping tour within walking distance of Katahira Campus for international researchers and their family. In this tour, we are planning to take you to supermarket, pharmacy, souvenir shop, 100 yen shop, Electronic and Home Appliances Retail or any other shops at your request. To join the tour, please fill out the request form and send it to IAC.
You can also write your request such as “Where can I buy halal food?”, “I need solution for hard contact lens, but I couldn’t find it.” or “I want to send my shoes for repair for the next conference. Where can I try?” We look forward to your participation!
International researchers and their family
We might not be able to meet all of your requests by the number of participants and time limitation.
Date & Time
Wednesday, June 13th, 10:00am-12:00pm （Application deadline : Friday, June 1st）
IAC provides housing support to international researchers who have just been appointed from overseas and would like to rent a private apartment.
Based on the information from the application form, we will search and select some apartments for you, contact the real estate agencies and take you to see the apartments. If you would like to live in one of them, we will assist whole procedure until you make a contract.
To receive our housing support, please fill out the application form and submit it to IAC through your laboratory.
Newly (Up to 3 months) hired international researchers in OAS (Organization for Advanced Studies)
- We will start housing support after your arrival. We ask your laboratory to make sure to prepare a place to stay from your arrival to the move-in day. It usually takes 2 to 4 weeks to complete a contract. For your information, you could stay at Katahira Kaikan up to 2 weeks.
- IAC shall not be your guarantor nor emergency contact. If you do not have a guarantor, the fee for Guarantor Company may apply or you may not be able to pass the screening since almost all landlords in Japan require that you have a guarantor.
- Maximum days to see apartments are 2 days.(Average: 3 to 4 apartments in a day)
- IAC shall not take part in any problems which occurs between you and real estate agencies/landlords.
- IAC shall not cover cancellation/penalty fee when it is charged.