Seiji Samukawa Principal Investigator, Ph.D.
- Atomic Layer Etching, Modification and Deposition Technologies based on Neutral Beam Process
- Quantum Nano-devices (Solar Cells, LED and Thermo-electric conversion) based on Ordered Nano-structure fabricated by Fusion of Biotechnology and Nanotechnology
- Cutting-edge Nano-devices based on New Materials (Ge, Ⅲ-Ⅴ, GaN series, 2D materials and Metal Oxide)
Main Publication List
- Generating high-efficiency neutral beams by using negative ions in an inductively coupled plasma source, JOURNAL OF VACUUM SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY A-VACUUM SURFACES AND FILMS, Vol.20, No.5, (2002), 1566-1573, S. Samukawa, K. Sakamoto, K. Ichiki.
- Pulse-time modulated plasma discharge for highly selective, highly anisotropic and charge-free etching, PLASMA SOURCES SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, Vol.5, No.2, (1996), 132-138, S. Samukawa and T. Mieno
- Impact of silicon quantum dot super lattice and quantum well structure as intermediate layer on p-i-n silicon solar cells, Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications, Vol.24, No.6, (2016), 774–780, M. M. Rahman, M-Y Lee, Y-C Tsai, A. Higo, H. Sekhar, M. Igarashi, M. E. Syazwan, Y. Hoshi, K. Sawano, N. Usami, Y. Li and S. Samukawa
- Amorphous carbon nitride thin films for electrochemical electrode: Effect of molecular structure and substrate materials, Carbon, Vol.93, November, (2015), 207-216, Y. Kikuchi, X. Chang, Y. Sakakibara, K. Y. Inoue, T. Matsue, T. Nozawa, and S. Samukawa
- Optical Study of Sub-10 nm In0.3Ga0.7N Quantum Nanodisks in GaN Nanopillars, ACS Photonics, Vol. 4, (2017) ,1851-1857, A. Higo, T. Kiba, S. Chen, Y. Chen, T. Tanikawa, C. Thomas, C. Y. Lee, Y-C Lai, T. Ozaki, J. Takayama, I. Yamashita, A. Murayama, and S. Samukawa
- Ichimura Award, New Technology Development Foundation (2008).
- Fellow Award of Japan Society of Applied Physics (2008)
- Prizes for Science and Technology, The Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (2009)
- Fellow Award of American Vacuum Society (2009)
- Plasma Prize, American Vacuum Society (2010)
- 09/03/2019 Latest News The IEEE Open Journal of Nanotechnology (OJN) is calling for papers
- 02/20/2019 Media & Award Prof. Samukawa selected as the 2019 IEEE Distinguished Lecturer
- 01/05/2018 Media & Award Prof. Ohno, Prof. Samukawa and Prof. Tanaka selected as the IEEE Fellow
- 10/07/2016 Media & Award Prof. Samukawa received the IEEE Nano 2016 Best paper award
- 09/19/2012 Press Releases Professor S. Samukawa --Production of high quality germanium metal oxide semiconductor (Ge MOS) transistor structure exceeding specifications of 12-nanometer generation technology with the use of ultra-low damage neutral beam oxidation process
- 08/27/2012 Press Releases Professor S. Samukawa -- Defect-free Quantum dots with 10 times higher density fabricated by bio-template and neutral beam etching succeeds in light emission --