Akichika Kumatani Ph.D.
|Job||Associate Professor (LEADER program)
|Group||Materials Physics Group|
|Laboratory||Y.P. Chen-Kumatani Group|
|Address||AIMR main Building, Katahira Campus
（2-1-1, Katahira, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8577)
- Nanoscale electrochemical imaging
- 2-D materials
- Lithium-ion batteries and beyond
- Scanning probe microscopy
- Surface and Interface Science
Main Publication List
- "Scanning probe microscopy for nanoscale electrochemical imaging", Y. Takahashi, A. Kumatani, H. Shiku, T. Matsue, Anal. Chem. 2016 89, 342.
- "Nanoscale visualization of redox activity at lithium-ion battery cathodes" Y. Takahashi, A. Kumatani et al., Nat. Commun. 2014 5:5450.
- "On practical charge injection at the metal/organic semiconductor interface" A. Kumatani et al., Sci. Rep., 2013, 3, 1026.
- "Solution-processed, self-organized organic single crystal arrays with controlled crystal orientation" A. Kumatani et al., Sci. Rep., 2012, 2, 393.
- "Growth processes of lithium titanate thin films deposited by using pulsed laser deposition" A. Kumatani, et al., Appl. Phys. Lett., 2012, 101, 123103.
- POSTER AWARDS, 63rd JSPS Spring meeting, 2016.
- Young Scientist Presentation Award, 61st JSPS Spring meeting, 2014.
- IRC in Nanotechnology studentship, 2004.
- 08/26/2019 Research Highlights Electrochemical water splitting: Mathematically designed graphene on edge
- 07/29/2019 In the Spotlight Promoting interaction between material scientists in Europe and Japan
- 04/09/2019 Media & Award Dr. Kumatani received Commendation for Science and Technology by MEXT
- 04/04/2019 Press Releases Mathematically-designed graphene has improved electrocatalytic activity