Akichika Kumatani Ph.D.
|Job||Associate Professor (LEADER program)
|Group||Materials Physics Group|
|Laboratory||Y.P. Chen-Kumatani Group|
|Address||Room 210, AIMR Main Building, Katahira Campus
(2-1-1, Katahira, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8577)
- Nanoscale electrochemical imaging
- 2-D materials
- Lithium-ion batteries and beyond
- Scanning probe microscopy
- Surface and Interface Science
Main Publication List
- “Chemical Dopants on Edge of Holey Graphene Accelerate Electrochemical Hydrogen Evolution Reaction”, A. Kumatani et al., Advanced Science, 6 190019, 2019.
- “Scanning electrochemical cell microscopy for visualization and local electrochemical activities of lithium-ion (de)intercalation process in lithium-ion batteries electrodes”, A. Kumatani et al., Surface and Interface Analysis, 51 27, 2019.
- “Nanoscale visualization of redox activity at lithium-ion battery cathodes” Y. Takahashi, A. Kumatani et al., Nature Communications 2014 5:5450.
- “On practical charge injection at the metal/organic semiconductor interface” A. Kumatani et al., Scientific Reports, 2013, 3, 1026.
- “Growth processes of lithium titanate thin films deposited by using pulsed laser deposition” A. Kumatani, et al., Applied Physics Letters, 2012, 101, 123103.
- POSTER AWARDS, 63rd JSPS Spring meeting, 2016.
- Young Scientist Presentation Award, 61st JSPS Spring meeting, 2014.
- IRC in Nanotechnology studentship, 2004.
- 07/22/2020 Media & Award Prof. Fukami, Dr. Yabu, Dr. Kumatani and Dr. Sugawara bestowed the title of Tohoku University Distinguished Researcher
- 03/04/2020 Media & Award Dr. Kumatani won King's STEM Alumni Award
- 12/02/2019 Press Releases Imaging technique gives catalytic 2D material engineering a better view
- 08/26/2019 Research Highlights Electrochemical water splitting: Mathematically designed graphene on edge
- 07/29/2019 In the Spotlight Promoting interaction between material scientists in Europe and Japan
- 04/09/2019 Media & Award Dr. Kumatani received Commendation for Science and Technology by MEXT
- 04/04/2019 Press Releases Mathematically-designed graphene has improved electrocatalytic activity
- 04/11/2016 Media & Award Dr. Kumatani won the JSAP Poster Award
- 09/19/2012 Press Releases Researcher A. Kumatani and Associate Professor T. Hitosugi -- World record achieved in superconducting transition temperature of transparent superconductor --