Mingwei Chen Principal Investigator, Ph.D.
|Group||Bulk Metallic Glasses Group|
|Address||Office 3-4, AIMR Laboratory Building, Katahira Campus
（2-1-1, Katahira, Aoba-ku, Sendai, 980-8577）
- Mechanical behavior and atomic structures of bulk metallic glasses
- Dynamic properties of ultrahigh strength materials
- Development and characterization of nanoporous metals
Main Publication List
- A. Hirata, L. J. Kang, T. Fujita, B. Klumov, K. Matsue, M. Kotani, A. R. Yavari, M. W. Chen, Geometric frustration of icosahedron in metallic glasses, Science, 341, 376-379 (2013).
- T. Fujita, P. Guan, K. McKenna, X. Lang, A. Hirata, L. Zhang, T. Tokunaga, S. Arai, Y. Yamamoto, N. Tanaka, Y. Ishikawa, N. Asao, Y. Yamamoto, J. Erlebacher, M. W. Chen Atomic origins of the high catalytic activity of nanoporous gold, Nature Materials 11 (9), 775-780 (2012).
- A. Hirata, P. F. Guan, T. Fujita, Y. Hirotsu, A. Inoue, A. R. Yavari, T. Sakurai, and M. W. Chen, Direct observation of local atomic order in a metallic glass, Nature Materials 10 (2011) 28.
- X. Y. Lang, A. Hirata, T. Fujita, and M. W. Chen, Nanoporous metal/oxide hybrid electrodes for electrochemical supercapacitors, Nature Nanotechnology, 6 (2011) 232-236.
- A. Hirata, T. Fujita, Y. R.Wen, J. H. Schneibel, C. T. Liu and M.W. Chen, Atomic structure of nanoclusters in oxide-dispersion-strengthened steels, Nature Mater. 10, 922 (2011).
- FY 2016 Prizes for Science and Technology (Research Category), MEXT, 2016
- Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researchers, 2014
- Materials Today Conference Award, 2014
- The Senior Scientist Award, ISMANAM , 2013
- Outstanding Oversea Chinese Scientists, China Academy of Sciences, 2010
- 11/17/2022 Media & Award Prof. Chen, Prof. Russell, Prof. Xue, Prof. Titirici and Prof. Fujita selected as Highly Cited Researchers 2022
- 07/14/2022 Press Releases Micro-engineered electrodes could cut battery manufacturing costs
- 11/17/2021 Media & Award Prof. Saitoh, Prof. Chen, Prof. Russell, Prof. Xue, Prof. Titirici and Prof. Fujita selected as Highly Cited Researchers
- 06/23/2021 Press Releases New Discoveries and Insights into the Glass Transition
- 04/26/2021 Research Highlights Materials chemistry: Chemical dealloying synthesizes new porous-carbon anode
- 01/25/2021 Research Highlights Three-dimensional graphene: Amping up graphene by bending it
- 11/19/2020 Media & Award Prof. Saitoh, Prof. Chen, Prof. Russell, Prof. Xue and Prof. Fujita selected as Highly Cited Researchers
- 11/05/2020 Press Releases Staying Ahead of the Curve with 3D Curved Graphene
- 09/28/2020 Research Highlights Lithium-ion batteries: Making silicon usable
- 05/25/2020 Research Highlights Lithium–oxygen batteries: Synergism between catalysts boosts efficiency
- 02/25/2020 Research Highlights Metallic glasses: Nanoparticles with glass-like structure coalesce faster
- 01/27/2020 Research Highlights Lithium-ion batteries: Imaging a critical component of batteries
- 11/20/2019 Media & Award Prof. Saitoh, Prof. Chen, Prof. Russell and Prof. Xue selected as Highly Cited Researchers
- 10/28/2019 Research Highlights Metallic glasses: Discovering better combinations faster
- 06/24/2019 Research Highlights Nanoporous graphene: High strength and flexibility achieved
- 03/25/2019 Research Highlights Lithium batteries: Electrode boosts storage capacity
- 11/29/2018 Media & Award Prof. Saitoh, Prof. Chen, Prof. Russell, Prof. Xue and Dr. Takahashi selected as Highly Cited Researchers
- 01/29/2018 Research Highlights Metallic glasses: Non-uniformity uncovered
- 12/25/2017 Research Highlights Nanoporous gold: Engineering surfaces to make better catalysts
- 10/30/2017 Research Highlights Lithium–oxygen batteries: Reactions observed under the microscope
- 04/28/2017 Research Highlights Two-dimensional materials: Atomic sheet not so thin after all
- 04/12/2016 Media & Award Prof. Chen received Commendation for Science and Technology by MEXT
- 02/04/2016 Press Releases Development of advanced exhaust-gas catalyst
- 12/16/2014 Media & Award Prof. Chen won Materials Today Conference Award
- 12/10/2014 Press Releases 3D nanoporous graphene electrode for hydrogen production
- 06/19/2014 Media & Award Three researchers were selected as Highly Cited Researchers
- 04/07/2014 Press Releases High Quality Three-Dimensional Nanoporous Graphene
- 02/14/2014 Press Releases Elucidation on the degradation mechanism of nanoporous catalysts at the atomic level
- 07/12/2013 Press Releases Perfect distortion for glass formation
- 05/07/2012 Media & Award Research result from Chen group on a bulk metallic glass was selected as the cover design of Physical Review Letters.