Recruitment of an assistant professor or a postdoctoral researcher at Sato lab., Materials Physics Group, Advanced Institute for Materials Research (AIMR), Tohoku University
OverviewApplicants are invited for an assistant professor or a postdoctoral researcher position for studying the topics listed below, in close collaboration with the members in Sato lab. as well as domestic and international academic partners. The obtained results must be presented in scientific journals and at academic conferences.
- Investigation of electronic states in quantum materials such as topological insulators, two-dimensional materials, and high-temperature superconductors, by means of angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy (ARPES) and molecular-beam epitaxy (MBE).
- Development of new ARPES spectrometers with high spatial resolution and high spin-detection efficiency.
- Investigation of surface properties by comprehensively using ARPES and scanning tunneling microscopy (STM).
Please see the detail in the following URL. Applicants should hold, or be close to complete, a Ph.D. or an equivalent degree. Previous experience of ARPES, STM, MBE, and first-principles band calculations will be an advantage.
- AIMR official language is English. AIMR has supporting staff for researchers from abroad.
- Tohoku University promotes activities to increase Diversity, Equity and Inclusion(DEI) and encourages people of varied talents from all backgrounds to apply for positions at the university.
Tohoku University’s website about the DEI Declaration is here: http://tumug.tohoku.ac.jp/dei/
- Pursuant to Article 8 of the Act on Securing, Etc. of Equal Opportunity and Treatment between Men and Women in Employment, Tohoku University shall, as a measure for increasing the presence of women among the academic staff, prioritize the hiring of women deemed qualified for each job opening, based on impartial evaluation.
- Tohoku University has the largest on-campus childcare system of all Japanese national universities. This network comprises three nurseries: Kawauchi Keyaki Nursery school (capacity: 22) and Aobayama Midori Nursery school (116), both open to all university employees, as well as Hoshinoko Nursery school (120), which is open to employees working on Seiryo Campus. In addition, Tohoku University Hospital runs a childcare room for mildly ill and convalescent children which is available to all university employees.
- See the following website for information on these and other programs that Tohoku University runs to assist work-life balance, to support researchers, and to advance gender equality, including measures to promote childcare leave among male employees.
Tohoku University Center for Gender Equality Promotion website: http://www.tumug.tohoku.ac.jp/
Human Resources and Planning Department website: https://c.bureau.tohoku.ac.jp/jinji-top/external/a-4-kosodate/
|Position||An assistant professor or a postdoctoral researcher|
|Job type, rank, number||1 person|
|Term||Fixed-term appointment in 3 years, renewable based on evaluation.|
|Starting date||As fast as possible after April 1, 2023 (negotiable)|
|Deadline for applications||February 10th, 2023 Deadline for receipt
Open until the position is filled.
|Research fields||Area: Mathematical and Physical Sciences
* All documents must be written in English.
|Where to apply||Send the application materials (1) to (6) by email to email@example.com as a single PDF file. The email title should be “AIMR Application: Sato Lab”.|
Prof. Takafumi Sato
Advanced Institute for Materials Research (AIMR) , Tohoku University