Recruitment of a specially appointed assistant professor or a postdoctoral researcher at Yabu lab, Advanced Institute for Materials Research (AIMR), Tohoku University
OverviewApplicants are invited for a specially appointed assistant professor or a postdoctoral researcher position for synthesis of organic polymers, self-assembly, and biomimetics. The position is affiliated to the AIMR’s device/system group lead and organized by Assoc. Prof. Hiroshi Yabu. The group’s research topics are
- Creation of energy devices based on metal-organic complexes and biomass resources
- Bio and energy applications of nanostructured polymer materials
- Biomimetic material design
The work will be carried out in close collaboration with academic and industrial partners. The position will be expected to adapt and develop scientific skills, join international and interdisciplinary collaborations and present results in scientific journals and at academic conferences.
Applicants should hold, or be close to complete, a Ph.D. or an equivalent degree in experimental research fields of organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, electrochemistry, colloids and interface science or a similar discipline. Previous experience of synthesizing metal-organic complex, block copolymers, metal-air batteries, fuel cells and related energy devices will be an advantage.
- AIMR official language is English. AIMR has supporting staff for researchers from abroad.
- Tohoku University promotes activities to increase Diversity, Equity and Inclusion(DEI) and encourages people of varied talents from all backgrounds to apply for positions at the university.
Tohoku University’s website about the DEI Declaration is here: http://tumug.tohoku.ac.jp/dei/
- Pursuant to Article 8 of the Act on Securing, Etc. of Equal Opportunity and Treatment between Men and Women in Employment, Tohoku University shall, as a measure for increasing the presence of women among the academic staff, prioritize the hiring of women deemed qualified for each job opening, based on impartial evaluation.
- Tohoku University has the largest on-campus childcare system of all Japanese national universities. This network comprises three nurseries: Kawauchi Keyaki Nursery school (capacity: 22) and Aobayama Midori Nursery school (116), both open to all university employees, as well as Hoshinoko Nursery school (120), which is open to employees working on Seiryo Campus. In addition, Tohoku University Hospital runs a childcare room for mildly ill and convalescent children which is available to all university employees.
- See the following website for information on these and other programs that Tohoku University runs to assist work-life balance, to support researchers, and to advance gender equality, including measures to promote childcare leave among male employees.
Tohoku University Center for Gender Equality Promotion website: http://www.tumug.tohoku.ac.jp/
Human Resources and Planning Department website: https://c.bureau.tohoku.ac.jp/jinji-top/external/a-4-kosodate/
|Position||Postdoctoral researcher or specially appointed assistant professor|
|Job type, rank, number||1 person|
|Term||Fixed-term appointment in every year, renewable every year based on evaluation up to 2 times.|
|Starting date||As fast as possible (negotiable)|
|Deadline for applications||March 31st 2023 Deadline for receipt
Open until the position is filled.
* All documents must be written in English.
|Where to apply||Send the application materials (1) to (6) by email to email@example.com as a single PDF file. The email title should be “AIMR Application: Yabu Lab”.|
Assoc. Prof. Hiroshi Yabu
Advanced Institute for Materials Research (AIMR) , Tohoku University