Recruitment of a specially appointed assistant professor or a postdoctoral researcher at Tomohiro Otsuka lab, Advanced Institute for Materials Research (AIMR), Tohoku University
OverviewApplicants are invited for a specially appointed assistant professor or a postdoctoral researcher position for electronic characterization of nanostructures and quantum device applications. The position is affiliated to the AIMR’s device/system group lead and organized by Assoc. Prof. Tomohiro Otsuka.
The group’s research topics are
- Electronic properties of nanostructures and nanodevices
- Quantum devices utilizing nanostructures
- Informatics approaches in material and device science
Please see the detail of the group in the following website.
Otsuka Group Website
The work will be carried out in close collaboration with the partners. The position will be expected to adapt and develop scientific skills, join international and interdisciplinary collaborations and present results in scientific journals and at academic conferences.
Applicants should hold, or be close to complete, a Ph.D. or an equivalent degree in experimental research fields of material science, nanoscience, electrical engineering, quantum information or a similar discipline. Previous experience of nanofabrication, electron transport measurements, cryogenics, 2D materials or quantum device experiments will be an advantage.
- AIMR official language is English. AIMR has supporting staff for researchers from abroad.
- Tohoku University promotes activities to increase Diversity, Equity and Inclusion(DEI) and encourages people of varied talents from all backgrounds to apply for positions at the university.
Tohoku University’s website about the DEI Declaration is here: http://tumug.tohoku.ac.jp/dei/
- Pursuant to Article 8 of the Act on Securing, Etc. of Equal Opportunity and Treatment between Men and Women in Employment, Tohoku University shall, as a measure for increasing the presence of women among the academic staff, prioritize the hiring of women deemed qualified for each job opening, based on impartial evaluation.
- Tohoku University has the largest on-campus childcare system of all Japanese national universities. This network comprises three nurseries: Kawauchi Keyaki Nursery school (capacity: 22) and Aobayama Midori Nursery school (116), both open to all university employees, as well as Hoshinoko Nursery school (120), which is open to employees working on Seiryo Campus. In addition, Tohoku University Hospital runs a childcare room for mildly ill and convalescent children which is available to all university employees.
- See the following website for information on these and other programs that Tohoku University runs to assist work-life balance, to support researchers, and to advance gender equality, including measures to promote childcare leave among male employees.
Tohoku University Center for Gender Equality Promotion website: http://www.tumug.tohoku.ac.jp/
Human Resources and Planning Department website: https://c.bureau.tohoku.ac.jp/jinji-top/external/a-4-kosodate/
|Position||Specially appointed assistant professor or postdoctoral researcher|
|Job type, rank, number||1 person|
|Term||Fixed-term appointment in every year, renewable every year based on evaluation up to 2 times.|
|Starting date||As fast as possible (negotiable)|
|Deadline for applications||March 31st 2023 Deadline for receipt
Open until the position is filled.
* All documents must be written in English.
|Where to apply||Send the application materials (1) to (6) by email to email@example.com as a single PDF file. The email title should be “AIMR Application: Otsuka Lab”.|
Assoc. Prof. Tomohiro Otsuka
Advanced Institute for Materials Research (AIMR) , Tohoku University