Recruitment of a specially appointed assistant professor or a postdoctoral researcher at Mizukami lab, Advanced Institute for Materials Research (AIMR), Tohoku University
OverviewThis position serves research for material science in collaboration with Prof. S. Mizukami in WPI-AIMR. Successful applicant will be members of the JST-CREST project or JSPS-KAKENHI (S) project.
- AIMR official language is English. AIMR has supporting staff for researchers from abroad.
- Tohoku University promotes gender equality and encourages people of varied talents from all backgrounds to apply for positions at the university.
- Pursuant to Article 8 of the Act on Securing, Etc. of Equal Opportunity and Treatment between Men and Women in Employment, Tohoku University shall, as a measure for increasing the presence of women among the academic staff, prioritize the hiring of women deemed qualified for each job opening, based on impartial evaluation.
- Tohoku University has the largest on-campus childcare system of all Japanese national universities. This network comprises three nurseries: Kawauchi Keyaki Nursery school (capacity: 30) and Aobayama Midori Nursery school (116), both open to all university employees, as well as Hoshinoko Nursery school (120), which is open to employees working on Seiryo Campus. In addition, Tohoku University Hospital runs a childcare room for mildly ill and convalescent children which is available to all university employees.
- See the following website for information on these and other programs that Tohoku University runs to assist work-life balance, to support researchers, and to advance gender equality. Tohoku University Center for Gender Equality Promotion website: http://tumug.tohoku.ac.jp/en/
|Position||Specially Appointed Assistant Professor or Postdoctoral researcher of WPI-AIMR in Tohoku University|
|Job type, rank, number||1 or 2 positions|
|Term||Till the end of March, 2023. (Extended up to the end of March 2025 depending on the achievements as well as the continued founding. The contract is renewed every year.)|
|Starting date||2022, August. 1st, or the earliest possible date thereafter|
|Deadline for applications||End of July, 2022, or the openings will be closed earlier if the positions are decided.|
|Research fields||Spintronics, thin film, and magnetoresistive devices
|Qualifications||Ph. D. degree in relevant area.
Experience of thin film deposition, device fabrications, and characterization.
|Treatment||Salary: Annual income based on the regulation of Tohoku University|
|How to apply||The application materials should be submitted to the e-mail below.
* All documents are used only for screening and they will not be returned.
|Where to apply||Prof. Shigemi Mizukami
Advanced Institute for Materials Research (AIMR) , Tohoku University
Web site: Mizukami Laboratory Website
Prof. Shigemi Mizukami, Advanced Institute for Materials Research (AIMR) , Tohoku University
|Web site:||Mizukami Laboratory Website|