Recruitment of Assistant Professor or Postdoctoral Researcher (Mathematical and computational approaches in biomedical sciences) at the Suito Laboratory, AIMR, Tohoku University
OverviewWe are seeking assistant professors and postdoctoral researchers to work in collaborative efforts between mathematical and medical sciences. Successful applicants will be members of a team of “Understanding the homeostatic systems through mathematical modeling and analysis” in a JST* moonshot program, or “Unraveling advanced skills through AI and mathematical modeling” in a JST* Mirai program. Research topics of this job vacancy include the following.
- Mathematical modeling and its implementation for circulatory and nervous systems.
- Mathematical approaches and their implementation aimed at unification of experiments and computations including data assimilation and Uncertainty quantification.
- Applications of machine learning to diverse problems.
AIMR is a research institute of Tohoku University, which is located in Sendai city in northeastern Japan. At AIMR, an interdisciplinary research environment has been specially established in collaboration between mathematical sciences and other fields. We anticipate the interest of potential candidates from all over the world to work with us.
*JST: Japan Science and Technology Agency
RemarksThe AIMR official language is English. AIMR has supporting staff for researchers from abroad.
- Tohoku University promotes gender equality and encourages people of varied talents from all backgrounds to apply for positions at the university.
- Pursuant to Article 8 of the Act on Securing, etc. of Equal Opportunity and Treatment between Men and Women in Employment, Tohoku University shall, as a measure for increasing the presence of women among the academic staff, prioritize the hiring of women deemed qualified for each job opening, based on impartial evaluation.
- Tohoku University has the largest on-campus childcare system of all Japanese national universities. This network comprises three nurseries: Kawauchi Keyaki Nursery school (capacity: 30) and Aobayama Midori Nursery school (100), both open to all university employees, as well as Hoshinoko Nursery school (120), which is open to employees working on Seiryo Campus. In addition, Tohoku University Hospital runs a childcare room for mildly ill and convalescent children which is available to all university employees.
- See the following website for information on these and other programs that Tohoku University runs to assist work-life balance, to support researchers, and to advance gender equality.
Tohoku University Center for Gender Equality Promotion website
|Position||Assistant professors or postdoctoral researchers|
|Job type, rank, number||2 person|
|Term||Fixed-term appointment until March 2022 or 2023 depending on projects, renewable based on evaluation, maximum to November 2025.|
|Starting date||June 1, 2021 (negotiable)|
|Deadline for applications||Deadline for receipt is 30 April, 2021.|
|How to apply||Send application materials as PDF files by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org|
Prof. Hiroshi Suito
Advanced Institute for Materials Research(AIMR) , Tohoku University