Recruitment of an assistant professor at Mathematical Science Group, AIMR, Tohoku University
The Advanced Institute for Materials Research (AIMR) of Tohoku University invites applications for one Assistant Professor position. Requisites are strong research interests in mathematics and mathematical sciences collaborating with materials science. Successful applicants are expected to be active and show exceptional potential for leadership in interdisciplinary collaborations between mathematics and materials science.
- Tohoku University WPI-AIMR was established on October 1, 2007 as one of the top five research centers in Japan under the World Premier International Research Center Initiative (WPI Program) run by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. See our website for more details of AIMR and also for mathematical science group in AIMR.
- The AIMR official language is English. AIMR has supporting staff for researchers from abroad.
- Tohoku University promotes gender equality and encourages people of varied talents from all backgrounds to apply for positions at the university.
- Pursuant to Article 8 of the Act on Securing, etc. of Equal Opportunity and Treatment between Men and Women in Employment, Tohoku University shall, as a measure for increasing the presence of women among the academic staff, prioritize the hiring of women deemed qualified for each job opening, based on impartial evaluation.
- Tohoku University has the largest on-campus childcare system of all Japanese national universities. This network comprises three nurseries: Kawauchi Keyaki Nursery school (capacity: 30) and Aobayama Midori Nursery school (100), both open to all university employees, as well as Hoshinoko Nursery school (120), which is open to employees working on Seiryo Campus. In addition, Tohoku University Hospital runs a childcare room for mildly ill and convalescent children which is available to all university employees.
- See the following website for information on these and other programs that Tohoku University runs to assist work-life balance, to support researchers, and to advance gender equality. http://tumug.tohoku.ac.jp/en/
|Job type, rank, number
||A five-year fixed-term employment contract, renewable based on evaluation, to a maximum 7 years from the initial of hire.
||June 1, 2021, or earliest possible date
|Deadline for applications
||Deadline for receipt is 31 March, 2021.
- Area: Mathematical and physical sciences
Discipline: All mathematical and physical sciences
||Applicants must have a PhD or related doctor’s degree.
- Employment status: Full-time (non-tenured)
- Work location: Tohoku district - Miyagi
- Compensation: An annual income system according to the rules of Tohoku University
* All documents are used only for screening.
- CV including current address, telephone number, and e-mail address
- Publication list
- Outline of research accomplishments
- Research proposal for AIMR
- Two reference letters
- Copies of selected (at most three) papers
|How to apply
||Send application materials as PDF files by e-mail to email@example.com