Recruitment of specially appointed assistant professor (NEDO Project “Development of supercapacitors based on azaphthalocyanine modified electrodes”), AIMR, Tohoku University
OverviewWe look for a specially appointed assistant professor to work on development of supercapacitors based on chemically modified electrodes. Successful applicant will be a member of the NEDO project “Development of supercapacitors based on azaphthalocyanine modified electrodes " (Project period: Jan 2021 to March 2024). The project studies development of supercapacitors based on modified electrodes comprised of metal complexes including metal phthalocyanines.
The research topics of this job vacancy include
- Synthesis of high-performance metal complexes for realizing supercapacitors.
- Fabrication and Analysis of electrochemical devices.
- The AIMR official language is English. AIMR has supporting staff for researchers from abroad.
- Tohoku University promotes gender equality and encourages people of varied talents from all backgrounds to apply for positions at the university.
- Pursuant to Article 8 of the Act on Securing, etc. of Equal Opportunity and Treatment between Men and Women in Employment, Tohoku University shall, as a measure for increasing the presence of women among the academic staff, prioritize the hiring of women deemed qualified for each job opening, based on impartial evaluation.
- Tohoku University has the largest on-campus childcare system of all Japanese national universities. This network comprises three nurseries: Kawauchi Keyaki Nursery school (capacity: 30) and Aobayama Midori Nursery school (100), both open to all university employees, as well as Hoshinoko Nursery school (120), which is open to employees working on Seiryo Campus. In addition, Tohoku University Hospital runs a childcare room for mildly ill and convalescent children which is available to all university employees.
- See the following website for information on these and other programs that Tohoku University runs to assist work-life balance, to support researchers, and to advance gender equality.
Tohoku University Center for Gender Equality Promotion website
|Position||Specially Appointed Assistant Professor|
|Job type, rank, number||1 person|
|Term||Up to the end of Dec. 2022. (Suspension may be possible if the project will continue until Mar. 2024 after mid-term evaluation.)|
|Starting date||Jan 15, 2021, or the earliest possible date thereafter|
|Deadline for applications||Until successful candidate will be selected.|
|How to apply||Send application materials as PDF files by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org|
Assoc. Prof. Hiroshi Yabu
Advanced Institute for Materials Research(AIMR) , Tohoku University