Recruitment of assistant professors or postdoctoral researchers at the Suito and Chiba laboratories, AIMR, Tohoku University
We look for assistant professors or postdoctoral researchers to work on collaboration between mathematical and medical sciences. Successful applicants will be members of the mathematical science team in the JST moonshot program “Challenge for Eradication of Diabetes and Comorbidities through Understanding and Manipulating Homeostatic Systems
” (Project Manager: Hideki Katagiri, Tohoku University, Project period: December 2020 to November 2025). Research topics of this job vacancy include the following.
- Mathematical modeling and analyses for circulatory and nervous systems
- Mathematical approaches and their implementations aimed at unification of experiments and computation including data assimilation or uncertainty quantifications
- The AIMR official language is English. AIMR has supporting staff for researchers from abroad.
- Tohoku University promotes gender equality and encourages people of varied talents from all backgrounds to apply for positions at the university.
- Pursuant to Article 8 of the Act on Securing, etc. of Equal Opportunity and Treatment between Men and Women in Employment, Tohoku University shall, as a measure for increasing the presence of women among the academic staff, prioritize the hiring of women deemed qualified for each job opening, based on impartial evaluation.
- Tohoku University has the largest on-campus childcare system of all Japanese national universities. This network comprises three nurseries: Kawauchi Keyaki Nursery school (capacity: 30) and Aobayama Midori Nursery school (100), both open to all university employees, as well as Hoshinoko Nursery school (120), which is open to employees working on Seiryo Campus. In addition, Tohoku University Hospital runs a childcare room for mildly ill and convalescent children which is available to all university employees.
- See the following website for information on these and other programs that Tohoku University runs to assist work-life balance, to support researchers, and to advance gender equality.
Tohoku University Center for Gender Equality Promotion website
||Assistant professor or postdoctoral researcher
|Job type, rank, number
||Fixed-term appointment until March 2023.
||April 1, 2021 (negotiable)
|Deadline for applications
||Deadline for receipt is January 22, 2021.
- Area: Mathematical and physical sciences
Discipline: All mathematical and physical sciences
- Area: Interdisciplinary science and engineering
Discipline: Computational science
- Applicants must have a PhD or related doctor’s degree.
- Applicants must have skills and experience in mathematical or computational approaches.
- Employment status: Full-time (non-tenured)
- Work location: Tohoku district - Miyagi
- Compensation: According to Tohoku University policies
* All documents are used only for screening.
- CV including current address, contact information, academic background, degree, and work experience
- Publications list (papers, books, lectures, awards, software, etc.)
- Outline of research accomplishments (up to two pages)
- Research plan (up to one page)
- One or two letters of recommendation to be sent directly to the E-mail address below
- Copies of key papers (up to five papers)
|How to apply
||Send application materials as PDF files by e-mail to email@example.com