Recruitment of assistant professor or postdoctoral researcher (Frontier Research in Duo Project "Multi-Sensory Flexible Skin"), AIMR, Tohoku University
Position Description (Option)We look for an assistant professor or postdoctoral researcher to work on the research of new type of micro-size sensors based on magnetic materials using nano and micro fabrication technologies. The successful applicants will be a member of the Frontier Research in Duo Project “Multi-Sensory Flexible Skin” Project of Tohoku University.
Research topics of this job vacancy include the following:
- Utilizing the giant stress impedance effect to create thin films structures to measure strain, pressure, force and others.
- Integrate various thin film sensor structures into skin like flexible, stretchable substrates.
Applicants are expected to contribute to this field by creating own ideas, as well as collaborating with other researchers.
- The AIMR official language is English. AIMR has supporting staff for researchers from abroad.
- Tohoku University promotes gender equality and encourages people of varied talents from all backgrounds to apply for positions at the university.
- Pursuant to Article 8 of the Act on Securing, etc. of Equal Opportunity and Treatment between Men and Women in Employment, Tohoku University shall, as a measure for increasing the presence of women among the academic staff, prioritize the hiring of women deemed qualified for each job opening, based on impartial evaluation.
- Tohoku University has the largest on-campus childcare system of all Japanese national universities. This network comprises three nurseries: Kawauchi Keyaki Nursery school (capacity: 30) and Aobayama Midori Nursery school (100), both open to all university employees, as well as Hoshinoko Nursery school (120), which is open to employees working on Seiryo Campus. In addition, Tohoku University Hospital runs a childcare room for mildly ill and convalescent children which is available to all university employees.
- See the following website for information on these and other programs that Tohoku University runs to assist work-life balance, to support researchers, and to advance gender equality.
Tohoku University Center for Gender Equality Promotion website
|Position||Assistant professor or postdoctoral researcher|
|Job type, rank, number||1 person|
|Term||The term is until March 31, 2022. The contract will not be renewed.|
|Starting date||April 1st 2021 (negotiable)|
|Deadline for applications||February 28th, 2021|
|How to apply||Send application materials as PDF files by e-mail to email@example.com|
Assoc. Prof. Joerg Froemel
Advanced Institute for Materials Research(AIMR) , Tohoku University